>

Sunday 14 August 2022

Hope To Die (DI Adam Fawley#6) by Cara Hunter

 


Description from Goodreads:

"When a body is found in a farmhouse in a gruesome state, DI Adam Fawley is one of the first on the scene. The murder leads Fawley to a convoluted investigation from the past, and a family torn apart by a devastating crime involving the disappearance of a child.

Can Fawley piece together the facts of history with the clues in the present? Sometimes the truth is the hardest answer to face up to…"

📚📚📚📚📚📚


I have just finished the previous book in this series, The Whole Truth, and dived into this the 6th outing for DI Fawley and his team and, let me tell you, what a treat it is.

I have said it before and I will say it again, what an absolute cracker of a book this is and, once again, an excellent addition to this excellent series.  Please be reassured that you don't have to have read the others as this works well as a standalone however, I recommend you do ... you won't be disappointed.

DI Fawley and his team are called after the violent death of an unidentified young man shot dead in an isolated farmhouse in an apparent burglary but things just don't add up and so begins a complex, challenging and thrilling investigation which uncovers secrets and lies and so, so much more.

Cara Hunter uses, very cleverly, other media to provide different perspectives to the story including Netflix and voicemail transcripts.  This helps the story to flow and provides another element and makes it feel current and relevant.  The only thing that I have a small quibble about is that some of this didn't work very well on my Kindle as it's quite small writing and I found myself constantly adjusting the font size but that may have been because I received an advance copy so I felt it was a small price to pay for what is an excellent addition to the way of telling the story.

Highly recommended to lovers of police procedurals with twists and turns that keep you guessing ... roll on number 7!

Many thanks to Penguin and NetGalley for enabling me to read Hope to Die and share my thoughts.

👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:




👀👀👀👀👀👀

Others books by Cara Hunter I have read and reviewed:


No comments:

Post a Comment