>

Sunday 20 June 2021

The Colours of Death by Patricia Marques

 


Description:

"The Murder
In the Gare do Oriente, a body sits, slumped, in a stationary train. A high-profile man appears to have died by throwing himself repeatedly against the glass. But according to witnesses, he may not have done this of his own accord.

The City
Lisbon 2021. A small percentage of the population are diagnosed as Gifted. Along with the power comes stigma and suspicion.

The Detective
In a prejudiced city, Gifted Inspector Isabel Reis is hiding her own secrets while putting her life on the line to stop an ingenious killer.

A violent and mysterious crime. Suspected Gifted involvement. A city baying for blood. And a killer who has only just begun . . ."

📚📚📚📚📚📚

This is not your usual crime fiction story but a mix of police procedural and science fiction.

I don't read a lot of supernatural books so this almost passed me by but I'm so glad I took a chance to read something a bit different because it's thoroughly absorbing and enjoyable.

With great characters that you quickly become invested in, well paced, a great setting and an intriguing and unique plot, this is a great book which I found entertaining and gripping.

This is, I believe, the start of a series and I for one am looking forward to seeing where it goes in the future.

Thank you to Hodder & Stoughton via NetGalley for inviting me to read and review The Colours of Death; this is no way affected or influenced my review in anyway.

👆👆👆👆👆👆

No comments:

Post a Comment