>

Sunday 18 April 2021

The Silent Victims (Hanlon Series #4) by Alex Coombs

 


Description from Boldwood Books:

"A controversial, right-wing German politician is due to speak at the Oxford Union. Following a series of murders linked to a violent anarchist group, the city is on high alert. DCI Hanlon has been partnered with DI Huss to ensure the speech goes smoothly and that there will be no more killing.

Meanwhile, as Hanlon traces the person behind the murders, she soon realises that the chilling truth has a terrible price. Is Hanlon willing to meet the cost?

The final gripping case for DCI Hanlon. Perfect for fans of Angela Marsons, Lisa Regan and Mark Dawson.

This book was previously published as An Incidental Death by Alex Howard."


📚📚📚📚📚📚

Once again, I am not disappointed with this, the final book in the series featuring the unconventional DCI Hanlon.

I have now read all 4 books in this series and have enjoyed each and every one of them.  I rarely say this about a series but I really do think you need to have read at least the first one (The Stolen Child) if you want to understand the main characters in the book; if you don't, I really think you will be flailing a little with the relationships they have and their motivations and this will, I think, detract from the overall story.

Hanlon is a very strong female character and one tough cookie.  I admit that she is quite difficult to like but she has definitely grown on me over the series.  In this, we see the odd glimpse of the softer side to Hanlon which makes her more "human" but don't let these snippets fool you - she will stop at nothing and nothing will stand in her way.

With a cast of excellent characters wrapped up in an intriguing plot, lots of action, tension and violent scenes, this is a great story well written which is gripping and exciting and makes it difficult to stop reading.

Highly recommended series and my thanks go to Boldwood Books and NetGalley for my copy in return for an honest, unbiased and unedited review.


👇👇👇👇👇👇

Connect with the author:

Website




👀👀👀👀👀👀

Other books in the series I have read and reviewed:


No comments:

Post a Comment