>

Sunday 14 March 2021

The Last House on Needless Street by Catriona Ward

 


Description from Goodreads:


"This is the story of a serial killer. A stolen child. Revenge. Death. And an ordinary house at the end of an ordinary street.

All these things are true. And yet they are all lies...

You think you know what's inside the last house on Needless Street. You think you've read this story before. That's where you're wrong.

In the dark forest at the end of Needless Street, lies something buried. But it's not what you think..."


📚📚📚📚📚📚


I am, once again, in the minority here because I just didn't get into this at all.

I was confused about the timeline, who was who, what was what and I spent most of my time with a frown on my face and scratching my head wondering what the heck was going on.

I think I just lost the plot completely but there are loads of others who have read this and given it 5 stars so it must be me!!  

If you enjoy something of a challenge and dark, gothic stories, this is probably for you but not so much for me unfortunately.

Thank you to Serpent's Tail, Viper Books and Profile Books  via NetGalley for the opportunity to read an advance copy of this book in return for an unbiased and unedited review and I'm sorry I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked.


👇👇👇👇👇👇


Connect with the author:



No comments:

Post a Comment