>

Saturday 16 July 2016

The Teacher by Katerina Diamond


"Not particularly memorable"




Blurb:

You think you know who to trust? You think you know the difference between good and evil?

You’re wrong …

A LESSON YOU WILL NEVER FORGET

The body of the head teacher of an exclusive Devon school is found hanging from the rafters in the assembly hall.

Hours earlier he’d received a package, and only he could understand the silent message it conveyed. It meant the end.

As Exeter suffers a rising count of gruesome deaths, troubled DS Imogen Grey and DS Adrian Miles must solve the case and make their city safe again.

But as they’re drawn into a network of corruption, lies and exploitation, every step brings them closer to grim secrets hidden at the heart of their community.

And once they learn what’s motivating this killer, will they truly want to stop him?

SMART. GRIPPING. GRUESOME.

This is a psychological crime thriller in a class of its own.

WARNING: Most definitely *not* for the faint-hearted!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Since reading this book, I have read about 5 more and, for the life of me, I can’t remember much about it which says a lot. I must have thought it was ok as I finished it but as I type this, I am struggling so it can’t have been particularly memorable which is a real shame as the blurb and “warning” are so enticing to me … which is a bit worrying!!

I have had to read other people’s reviews to remind myself what it was about and they helped me to recall that I had a modicum of sympathy for the killer and little for his victims who expired in rather gruesome ways and I remember telling my husband that it would be a great book if it wasn’t so confusing because of the constant switching of perspectives but that’s about it.

If someone asked me if they should read it … I would have to be totally honest and say “not a clue!”

Thanks to the publisher, HarperCollins UK, Avon via NetGalley for providing me with a copy in return for an honest review and to whom I apologise for it being so poor … note to self … write the review as soon as you’ve finished the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment